Nitratevile Silliness: Silent Film Tragedies

So you want to discuss silent drama, science fiction, horror, noir, mystery and other NON-COMEDY films? Look no further, this is the place.
christopher connelly

Re: Nitratevile Silliness: Silent Film Tragedies

Postby christopher connelly » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:43 pm

proving nothing, there *does* appear to be a Technologico de Monterrey -

http://www.itesm.mx/wps/portal?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=

but I can't seem to find a "Mark H. Harris" as a member of its faculty. Working for a technical university myself, I can't say I'm particularly impressed by a "professor de humanidades" at such an institution.

There, does, however, appear to be a Mark H Harris, who considers himself to be a freelance entertainment writer:

http://horror.about.com/bio/Mark-H-Harris-33500.htm

Smells suspiciously of the Gary Conservatory of Music Gold Medal Class of 05 if you ask me.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:29 pm

christopher connelly wrote:proving nothing, there *does* appear to be a Technologico de Monterrey -

http://www.itesm.mx/wps/portal?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=

but I can't seem to find a "Mark H. Harris" as a member of its faculty. Working for a technical university myself, I can't say I'm particularly impressed by a "professor de humanidades" at such an institution.

There, does, however, appear to be a Mark H Harris, who considers himself to be a freelance entertainment writer:

http://horror.about.com/bio/Mark-H-Harris-33500.htm

Smells suspiciously of the Gary Conservatory of Music Gold Medal Class of 05 if you ask me.

Or as Jeremy Hardy once called it: "A Degree in made-up-ology from the University of My House".

Another "writer-historian" of no fixed address. This is what our world, or at least certainly Nitratevile's world, has come to.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:08 pm

Aw, I missed it. Too busy to check in this morning, I didn’t see what locked down the thread and the Nitratevile Thought Police have already sanitized it.

I see Harris clings to his “fact” that he teaches at the Tinpot Mexican College, which, whether it be true or not, gives no further credibility to his “post-modern” approach to Film History. Philosophy was always the domain of failed novelists and general wankers to begin with, having no “true facts” might work in that area of nonsense, but in History, facts are definitely preferable. Reminds me of the old Woody Allen joke where he took his Philosophy Final in College, couldn’t answer any of the ten essay questions on it, left it completely blank, and got a hundred percent.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

christopher connelly

Postby christopher connelly » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:20 pm

It was me. I dared to question Harris' identity and Danny locked the thread. At least the silliness won't continue there.

Sorry, but anyone with a professorship who finds him/herself questioned will do two things:

1) when giving contact information about the institution where s/he works, s/he will provide an institutional email address or none at all
2) cite prior publications to verify mastering of the subject matter in hand.

Nor would a university professor attack folks in private messages the way this clown has.

He's a troll.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:35 pm

christopher connelly wrote:It was me. I dared to question Harris' identity and Danny locked the thread. At least the silliness won't continue there.

Sorry, but anyone with a professorship who finds him/herself questioned will do two things:

1) when giving contact information about the institution where s/he works, s/he will provide an institutional email address or none at all
2) cite prior publications to verify mastering of the subject matter in hand.

Nor would a university professor attack folks in private messages the way this clown has.

He's a troll.

So in other words, Mr. "Post-Modern" doesn not like it if one takes a "post-modern" approach to his own "facts" and questions the veracity of them.

And, of course, this is the one the Nitratevile Thought Police defend to preserve their "civility".

How can their credibility fall that much further?

RICHARD M ROBERTS