Richard Talmadge-Need Confirmation

So you want to discuss silent drama, science fiction, horror, noir, mystery and other NON-COMEDY films? Look no further, this is the place.
Thomas Reeder
Cugine

Richard Talmadge-Need Confirmation

Postby Thomas Reeder » Mon May 13, 2013 10:51 am

Okay, I'll be the one to christen this new section.

I picked this still up over the weekend and believe it's from the 1930 Richard Talmadge late silent feature THE POOR MILLIONAIRE. I'm not at all familiar with the actress Constance Howard, but the one image I've found online looks like it might be her. Can any of you confirm that this is indeed Ms. Howard and/or that I've correctly identified the film? Thanks in advance.

Tom Reeder

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: Richard Talmadge-Need Confirmation

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon May 13, 2013 3:55 pm

That girl is definitely NOT Constance Howard, she's way much cuter than Constance Howard.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Thomas Reeder
Cugine

Postby Thomas Reeder » Mon May 13, 2013 4:18 pm

Is this Constance Howard (image grabbed from the internet)? If it is, she looks pretty good to my aging eyes.
http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/dgkeysearchdetail.cfm?strucID=527690&imageID=th-21800&k=0&print=small
There's a resemblance, don't you think?

Tom Reeder

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon May 13, 2013 4:31 pm

Thomas Reeder wrote:Is this Constance Howard (image grabbed from the internet)? If it is, she looks pretty good to my aging eyes.
http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/dgkeysearchdetail.cfm?strucID=527690&imageID=th-21800&k=0&print=small
There's a resemblance, don't you think?

Tom Reeder

That pic is Constance Howard, but no, there is not much resemblance. Girl in Talmadge photo had wider set eyes, broader face, different nose,better defined chin, and Constance Howard was a stick figure compared to this girl.

I have a couple of other pics of Constance Howard, where she's a blonde, but I have nowhere to post them so I can put them up here, doy you have my email address? I'll send it to you privately and if you email me, I'll send them to you.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Thomas Reeder
Cugine

Postby Thomas Reeder » Mon May 13, 2013 5:16 pm

Got the pics, Richard, and I see what you mean. Thanks! Mind if I post them here for all to see?

Tom

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon May 13, 2013 5:17 pm

Thomas Reeder wrote:Got the pics, Richard, and I see what you mean. Thanks! Mind if I post them here for all to see?

Tom

Go right ahead.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Thomas Reeder
Cugine

Postby Thomas Reeder » Mon May 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Constance Howard, in all her glory, courtesy of Richard: