Help identifying Jerry Lewis still

SOUND MOVIE MAIN is the spot to discuss non-comedy SOUND films. Go figure.
David Kalat
Capo

Help identifying Jerry Lewis still

Postby David Kalat » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:09 pm

I could use some help identifying this still--I have no idea if this is an easy gimme or something tough. But that's because I've only seen a handful of Jerry Lewis' films, so my frame of reference is limited. I figured the luminaries of this board could help unstump me.

So--anyone know what this image is from?

The image comes from this post by the way: http://cinema-scope.com/features/great- ... st-movies/

Thanks!

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: Help identifying Jerry Lewis still

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:38 pm

Hmmm, a good question, as those appear to be late-70's cars. I've slept through both HARDLY WORKING and CRACKING UP, but I couldn't tell you which film it may come from, though my money is on CRACKING UP.

BTW, the article is a load of bollocks.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

David Kalat
Capo

Postby David Kalat » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:01 pm

How did you do that so effortlessly when you already admitted you weren't that familiar with CRACKING UP? I'm stunned.

So, right after reading your reply, I went to check out CRACKING UP--and what do I see? There's Jerry Lewis wearing the exact same hairstyle, eyeglasses, and three-piece dark suit with bow tie as the still. Clearly it's a match, although I have yet to actually find the matching scene itself. Nonetheless, you got me to the green--huzza!

Thanks!

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:22 pm

David Kalat wrote:How did you do that so effortlessly when you already admitted you weren't that familiar with CRACKING UP? I'm stunned.

Late 70's cars, early 80's suit, couldn't have been anything but either HARDLY WORKING or CRACKING UP, and I vaguely recall that Lewis is a bit more upscale in dress in CRACKING UP. In HARDLY WORKING, he's playing the poor, out of work clown, even though he can't be bothered to take his $10,000 Rolex watch off to play the part.

Really, these are all dreadful movies.

RICHARD M ROBERTS