Nitrateville Correction Dept: MY SON JOHN

SOUND MOVIE MAIN is the spot to discuss non-comedy SOUND films. Go figure.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Nitrateville Correction Dept: MY SON JOHN

Postby Richard M Roberts » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:06 pm

Hey, haven't really bashed Nitratevile of late, too damn busy doing more important things and it's devolved into such a nest of nerd nattering that it's not really worth my time reading all that hard, but I saw that Ed Larusso continues to show his lack of actual film knowledge today in another uninformed "review" of Leo McCarey's anti-commie embarrassment MY SON JOHN which gave one a bit of a laugh when Larusso commented:

"Robert Walker died just after principal photography was completed",

Which is a hard statement to make for anyone whose seen the mess. Try "principal photography was half-finished"when Walker died, and for Larusso to get the film education he so sorely needs before he goes off wheezing all these idiotic opinions based on nothing but air, all he has to do is go to John McElwee's well-researched article on the film on his Greenbriar Picture Show website:

http://greenbriarpictureshows.blogspot. ... hn-as.html

Enough bashing, back to more important things.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: Nitrateville Correction Dept: MY SON JOHN

Postby Richard M Roberts » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:25 am

I love it Pasquale, you post the Greenbriar Article over at Lightweightville and Larusso can't be bothered to read it, facts hurt his eyes (and apparently his ego).

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Pasquale Ventura

Re: Nitrateville Correction Dept: MY SON JOHN

Postby Pasquale Ventura » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:21 am

After reading your post, then Greenbriars blog on the subject I figured it wouldn't hurt to feed a bit of educated information to his posts. But felt he'd ignore it anyways. Hey, before posting it's always best to do some research first-or ask questions.