william saal - and KBS/Select

SOUND MOVIE MAIN is the spot to discuss non-comedy SOUND films. Go figure.
christopher connelly

william saal - and KBS/Select

Postby christopher connelly » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:20 pm

does anyone know if any archive ever got William Saal's papers - either individually or as part of the KBS and/or Select productions?

Thanks!

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: william saal - and KBS/Select

Postby Richard M Roberts » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:23 am

christopher connelly wrote:does anyone know if any archive ever got William Saal's papers - either individually or as part of the KBS and/or Select productions?

Thanks!

Lemme guess, must want to find out stuff on FRANKIE AND JOHNNY, somehow I doubt you're researching TOMBSTONE CANYON.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

christopher connelly

Postby christopher connelly » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:38 am

Richard M Roberts wrote:
christopher connelly wrote:does anyone know if any archive ever got William Saal's papers - either individually or as part of the KBS and/or Select productions?

Thanks!

Lemme guess, must want to find out stuff on FRANKIE AND JOHNNY, somehow I doubt you're researching TOMBSTONE CANYON.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Am I that obvious?

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Postby Gary Johnson » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:17 pm

Freleng directed a Schlesinger short that same year based on Frankie and Johnny. It wasn't so much a parody since it played rather straight...until the end that is. The gal plugs Johnny straight into the heart (3 or 4 times, as I recall). Frankie cradles his lifeless body as she weeps over him. He suddenly awakens and says, "Aww.....you just grazed me". She clobbers him for the fade out.