Nitrateville: Will Someone Teach Larusso the Facts of Life!

SOUND MOVIE MAIN is the spot to discuss non-comedy SOUND films. Go figure.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Nitrateville: Will Someone Teach Larusso the Facts of Life!

Postby Richard M Roberts » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:47 pm

Okay, I know some of you think I've gone soft on Nitratevile `cause I really haven't bashed them much in the last few months, but jeez, it is such a boresville these days, same nits picking at the same nits, same stupidities repeated over and over again ad nauseum. Just how many arguments does one want to read by the same anals whining about a "definitive" version of THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA they're never going to have all digitally scrubbed as to not offend their virgin eyeballs with all the 1925 version footage stuck in like two more reels of `dem Raoul and Christine schmucks make for better movie watchin'? It just ain't worth sifting through the drivel to find a kernel of idiocy worth snickering at anymore.

But I did accidentally come across a beaut the other day, and I thought, what the hell, for old times sake, one of our old favorite disseminators of misinformation Ed Larusso spouted one of his classic bon mots of cluelessness when he gave one of his capsule reviews of the 1957 Pat Boone "classic" BERNADINE. He said:

"I followed this with Bernardine (1957), a film famous (or infamous) for being the last screen appearance of Janet Gaynor. The 50ish Gaynor seems older, and seems too old to be the mother of a teenager"

Oh really? Well, Larusso should look at the imd(um)b which he contributes so much nonsense too once in awhile, for he might have learned that Janet Gaynor gave birth to her only child, Robin Gaynor Adrian, on July 6, 1940, when she was 33, so in 1957 (do the math), she WAS the mother of a teenager!

So, apart from his severely distorted concepts of film history, his schooling in Biology appears to be a bit rocky as well. Yes Ed, though teenage motherhood appears to be a popular activity these days, women can continue to reproduce for decades afterward, isn't it amazing?

This is the level of everything over at that sorry site these days, and most of it is neither funny or entertaining so don't expect much from me in terms of making merry at its expense anymore, there's too many more interesting and fun things to do in life to even look at the place.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Louie Despres
Associate

Re: Nitrateville: Will Someone Teach Larusso the Facts of Li

Postby Louie Despres » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:38 pm

It's gotten so bad they should change the name to Snoozeville.