False Faces (1932)

SOUND MOVIE MAIN is the spot to discuss non-comedy SOUND films. Go figure.
Dino Everett
Associate

False Faces (1932)

Postby Dino Everett » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:54 pm

Need to find who owns a copy of this 1932 Lowell Sherman sound flick for a preservation project - I know it is out there, but can't find who has one......Oh and Richard I will ship out the short next week. I have one last trip out of town then I am home til summer and can catch up on stuff like that....

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: False Faces (1932)

Postby Richard M Roberts » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Dino Everett wrote:Need to find who owns a copy of this 1932 Lowell Sherman sound flick for a preservation project - I know it is out there, but can't find who has one......Oh and Richard I will ship out the short next week. I have one last trip out of town then I am home til summer and can catch up on stuff like that....

FALSE FACES is definitely around in old 16mm rental prints, I'll check with a few collectors and see if I can dredge one up for you.

And BTW, Rob Mckay is right on your reel of sound on disk nitrate film, it's MOUNTED FURY (1931) another Sono-Art classic that's John Bowers last film (he's the mountie). The gal is Blanche Mehaffey. Interesting that someone was using old credits as replacement footage slugs for the missing frames.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Dino Everett
Associate

Re: False Faces (1932)

Postby Dino Everett » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:28 am

Great, thanks Richard!!!