Character Actor Larry D. Mann (1922 - 2014)

Bucking for Benny? Crazy for Carson? Advocating Amos and Andy? Need to know more about Uncle Miltie's legendary... joke file? Tune in here. (Rabbit Ears not included)
Paul E. Gierucki
Godfather

Character Actor Larry D. Mann (1922 - 2014)

Postby Paul E. Gierucki » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:36 am

So long, Yukon.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/r-i-p-c ... ry-d-mann/

R.I.P. Character Actor Larry D. Mann
By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Tuesday January 7, 2014 @ 9:23pm PSTTags: Larry D. Mann, R.I.P.

The man whose 100-plus film and TV credits include voicing Yukon Cornelius in the holiday TV classic Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer and playing the train conductor in Best Picture Oscar winner The Sting died Monday in Los Angeles. Larry D. Mann was 91. The Toronto native got his start on Canadian TV and went on to appear on classic shows ranging from Howdy Doody to MacGyver. In between, his dozens of TV appearances included 77 Sunset Strip, The Big Valley, Ben Casey, My Favorite Martian, Get Smart, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Hogan’s Heroes, Bewitched, Green Acres, Gunsmoke, Quincy M.E., The Dukes Of Hazzard and recurring as a judge on Hill Street Blues. His big-screen credits include The Quick And The Dead, Robin And The 7 Hoods, The Singing Nun, In The Heat Of The Night and The Octogon.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rudolph-voi ... mann-dies/

LOS ANGELES - Larry D. Mann, who voiced Yukon Cornelius in the animated Christmas favorite
"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," has died. He was 91.

His son, Richard Mann, says the actor died of age-related causes on Monday in Los Angeles.

Beginning in the 1950s, the Larry D. Mann voiced Yukon Cornelius on "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."
Canadian-born Mann had small roles in movies, including "The Sting" and "In the Heat of the Night."

On TV, his appearances included "Gunsmoke," ''Bewitched" and Hill Street Blues."

He also did voice work for animated shows, including 1964's "Rudolph."

His son says Mann's last role before retirement was playing a talent agent in the 1991 TV show "Homefront."