Bill "Wallace" Thompson R.I.P.

Bucking for Benny? Crazy for Carson? Advocating Amos and Andy? Need to know more about Uncle Miltie's legendary... joke file? Tune in here. (Rabbit Ears not included)
Joe Moore
Associate

Bill "Wallace" Thompson R.I.P.

Postby Joe Moore » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:21 am

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: Bill "Wallace" Thompson R.I.P.

Postby Richard M Roberts » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:54 am

This is very sad news, not only was Bill Thompson an Arizona Legend, and a wonderful comic mind, he was also a friend.

And unless you grew up in Arizona watching THE WALLACE AND LADMO SHOW in it's 36 years on the air, you won't get it.

Here's a clip from the late 60's, with Bill playing a character called "Mr. Grudgemeyer", an old fart carrying on his endless battles with Ladmo (Lad Kwiatkowski, who passed away in 1994) in the park. Laurel and Hardy lived in those sketches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXnfHGr6vX8

Rest in Peace Bill,

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Postby Gary Johnson » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:16 am

Sometimes it is tougher losing our childhood hero's over others in our life. It is more than just the passing of a single human being. It represents our entire childhood wrapped up in a nostalgic hue.

I know how much Wallace & Ladmo meant to you Arizona Lads. Their legacy is how many local kids they inspired.

Jim Roots

Postby Jim Roots » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:50 am

Richard M Roberts wrote:This is very sad news, not only was Bill Thompson an Arizona Legend, and a wonderful comic mind, he was also a friend.

And unless you grew up in Arizona watching THE WALLACE AND LADMO SHOW in it's 36 years on the air, you won't get it.

Here's a clip from the late 60's, with Bill playing a character called "Mr. Grudgemeyer", an old fart carrying on his endless battles with Ladmo (Lad Kwiatkowski, who passed away in 1994) in the park. Laurel and Hardy lived in those sketches:

Rest in Peace Bill,

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Rather than Laurel and Hardy, the clip goes a long way towards explaining your own addiction to Ham'n'Bud.

Jim
When you're surrounded by vultures, playing dead is not a good strategy.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:30 pm

Jim Roots wrote:
Richard M Roberts wrote:This is very sad news, not only was Bill Thompson an Arizona Legend, and a wonderful comic mind, he was also a friend.

Rest in Peace Bill,

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Rather than Laurel and Hardy, the clip goes a long way towards explaining your own addiction to Ham'n'Bud.

Jim

Smart-ass comments about Wallace and Ladmo right now will be disciplined in equal fashion.

Though I've never before noticed the facial similarity between Ham and Mr. Grudgemeyer.

RICHARD M ROBERTS (who still has a ping-pong ball shooting pistol somewhere around here)