Does it ever end?

Bucking for Benny? Crazy for Carson? Advocating Amos and Andy? Need to know more about Uncle Miltie's legendary... joke file? Tune in here. (Rabbit Ears not included)
Louie Despres
Associate

Does it ever end?

Postby Louie Despres » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:55 am

Yes, another El Brendel post. Decided I needed some "professional" help since that other site has gone to the dogs. Up until two weeks ago I thought El's only appearance on "The Bob Cummings Show/Love That Bob" was an episode titled "Bob Digs Rock & Roll", but a posting on ebay make short work of that and another episode has been found where he appears, "Bob Wins the Olympics". I don't know too much about the Cummings show although there appears to have been a Miss Sweden character which appeared pretty frequently, so I'm betting there maybe even more appearances by El. Unfortunately, the database of who appeared in episodes which aren't out on DVD are pretty scarce, so anyone have any prints or know of a database or where documents might be held, which might give information?

Bill Sprague

Re: Does it ever end?

Postby Bill Sprague » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:16 pm

I have a few Bob Cummings Shows , but off the top of my head I cannot remember seeing El Brendel. I will have to check my P. D. T V inventory which I hope to have online within the next couple of weeks

Chris Snowden
Associate

Postby Chris Snowden » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Louie Despres wrote: Unfortunately, the database of who appeared in episodes which aren't out on DVD are pretty scarce, so anyone have any prints or know of a database or where documents might be held, which might give information?

Louie, Richard Bann has mentioned that he acquired dozens of Bob Cummings' personal 16mm prints of this show. I don't know of anyone else who has any, apart from the scattered public domain episodes that are already easy to find.

Louie Despres
Associate

Postby Louie Despres » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:42 pm

Chris Snowden wrote:
Louie Despres wrote: Unfortunately, the database of who appeared in episodes which aren't out on DVD are pretty scarce, so anyone have any prints or know of a database or where documents might be held, which might give information?

Louie, Richard Bann has mentioned that he acquired dozens of Bob Cummings' personal 16mm prints of this show. I don't know of anyone else who has any, apart from the scattered public domain episodes that are already easy to find.

That's great to know. It means I have zero chance of ever seeing it. He and I don't get along so hot.