Great Steve Allen Clip 1958

Bucking for Benny? Crazy for Carson? Advocating Amos and Andy? Need to know more about Uncle Miltie's legendary... joke file? Tune in here. (Rabbit Ears not included)
Rob Farr
Godfather

Great Steve Allen Clip 1958

Postby Rob Farr » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:04 am

I've watched this clip several times in the past week and it makes me smile each time. God, how I miss entertainers! And before anyone quotes that hoary old Steve Allen joke with the punchline "name two", this song is so good it counts as ten. Don't miss the cameo at 2:54.
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: Great Steve Allen Clip 1958

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:20 pm

Rob Farr wrote:I've watched this clip several times in the past week and it makes me smile each time. God, how I miss entertainers!

What, DANCING WITH THE STARS isn't enough for you?

See Rob, that is the problem with we who grew up in the era when and where people still had talent, frankly, we used to take it for granted when these folk would show up on various variety and talk shows each week, little realizing the dreck that would come to replace it.

And it just got worse and worse, I think the combined intelligence, talent and charm of all media today doesn't come anywhere near the combined intelligence, talent and charm of the average WHATS MY LINE panel in the 1950's.

RICHARD M ROBERTS