THE DEFENDERS (1962) Bert Wheeler, William Shatner guest stars

Bucking for Benny? Crazy for Carson? Advocating Amos and Andy? Need to know more about Uncle Miltie's legendary... joke file? Tune in here. (Rabbit Ears not included)
Ed Watz
Associate

THE DEFENDERS (1962) Bert Wheeler, William Shatner guest stars

Postby Ed Watz » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:25 am

SiCom Mafia might be the only site where the poster makes a bigger fuss about Bert Wheeler's late tv appearance over a pre-Star Trek Bill Shatner. Thanks to my brother for sending this episode my way, that Wheeler & Woolsey book I sent him 30 years ago came in handy when he saw this online.

Bert is quite good in a small character role and looks fine considering he had some serious surgery done on his jaw the previous year.

Episode 2-10 from THE DEFENDERS starring E.G. Marshall and Robert Reed. Guest stars Bert Wheeler and that Shatner fella (who, along with Pat Boone, may be the last living actors who appeared in a show with Bert).

https://youtu.be/YSuUp65hDcM?si=mpyQ6TavZr3g-UIY
bw.jpeg
bw.jpeg (72.14 KiB) Viewed 4673 times
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

William Ferry
Cugine

Re: THE DEFENDERS (1962) Bert Wheeler, William Shatner guest stars

Postby William Ferry » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:07 am

As I'm sure everyone knows, that Shatner fella played the Robert Reed role in what might be considered the pilot, THE DEFENDER, with Ralph Bellamy, if my memory serves correctly.