What movie is this?

101 is designed for beginners with questions about the site, SCM, or early comedy. Use this forum without fear of taunting from advanced users or the local curmudgeons.
David Hennessy

What movie is this?

Postby David Hennessy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi everyone--

I was watching this music video from Poland and they have this silent comedy movie in it. I was wondering if you could tell me the name of the movie and who the main actors are as it looks like a good film (the first clip starts around :19 and then another one at around :30 and so on). Thanks a lot and God bless you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzklwxGQIE0

PS As to why I was watching Polish music videos from the '60s, well that's a different story....

Pasquale Ventura

Re: What movie is this?

Postby Pasquale Ventura » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:27 pm

Well I recognized Edward Everett Horton and Jack Duffy and I think the heavy set guy with Duffy is Walter Hiers? Not too sure, the guy in the flooded back seat looks Al St John. The clip of Edward Everett Horton looks like it's from DAD'S CHOICE.
The silent comedy experts here can tell more. Am sure the clips are from different films.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:49 pm

Pasquale Ventura wrote:Well I recognized Edward Everett Horton and Jack Duffy and I think the heavy set guy with Duffy is Walter Hiers? Not too sure, the guy in the flooded back seat looks Al St John. The clip of Edward Everett Horton looks like it's from DAD'S CHOICE.
The silent comedy experts here can tell more. Am sure the clips are from different films.

Definitely DADS CHOICE (1928) with Edward Everett Horton, I think the Walter Hiers/Jack Duffy clip is from WEAK BUT WILLING (1925). The Al St, John clip is ringing zero bells, and I think the guy reading the newspaper looks a bit like a young Ralph Sipperly, but nothing from there.

As for the song----Poland's entry in the Eurovision Song Contest, 1986.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

David Hennessy

Postby David Hennessy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Thank you all for your replies!
Now I'll go looking for a DVD of Edward Everett Horton (is there even is such a thing?)