Love Your Neighbor (1930)

101 is designed for beginners with questions about the site, SCM, or early comedy. Use this forum without fear of taunting from advanced users or the local curmudgeons.
Joe Migliore
Cugine
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Love Your Neighbor (1930)

Postby Joe Migliore » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:15 am

Is Lloyd Hamilton in this short? I hadn't heard of it before now, and it's not listed in the Balducci filmography. I stumbled across it while combing through the Alpha Video site. http://www.oldies.com/product-view/7439D.html

Richard M Roberts
Godfather
Posts: 1877
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 6:30 pm

Re: Love Your Neighbor (1930)

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:53 am

Joe Migliore wrote:Is Lloyd Hamilton in this short? I hadn't heard of it before now, and it's not listed in the Balducci filmography. I stumbled across it while combing through the Alpha Video site. http://www.oldies.com/product-view/7439D.html



Oops, those lovely people at Alpha Video must have been looking at the imd(um)b rather than the video copy of the film they were duping when they wrote that one. No indeed, Lloyd Hamilton is not in LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR, it's Charlotte Greenwood, Wilfred Lucas, Dot Farley and Frank Rice. The imd(um)b lists Lloyd Hamilton as being in it, but whichever "expert" over there typed that info in without doing any fact checking before hitting "save" was most likely garbling actor Hale Hamilton, who actually wrote the story.


RICHARD M ROBERTS

Jim Kerkhoff
Capo
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:59 am

Re: Love Your Neighbor (1930)

Postby Jim Kerkhoff » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:17 am

If you're interested, Lloyd Hamilton has a small part in "Tanned Legs" (1929) which will air on TCM Oct. 10 at 1:00 p.m. ET

Richard M Roberts
Godfather
Posts: 1877
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 6:30 pm

Re: Love Your Neighbor (1930)

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:44 pm

Jim Kerkhoff wrote:If you're interested, Lloyd Hamilton has a small part in "Tanned Legs" (1929) which will air on TCM Oct. 10 at 1:00 p.m. ET



I hate to correct you Jim, but there's no sign of Lloyd Hamilton in the surviving prints of TANNED LEGS, he was apparently cut before general release.


RICHARD M ROBERTS

Joe Migliore
Cugine
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: Love Your Neighbor (1930)

Postby Joe Migliore » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:12 pm

Richard M Roberts wrote:
Oops, those lovely people at Alpha Video must have been looking at the imd(um)b rather than the video copy of the film they were duping when they wrote that one. No indeed, Lloyd Hamilton is not in LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR, it's Charlotte Greenwood, Wilfred Lucas, Dot Farley and Frank Rice. The imd(um)b lists Lloyd Hamilton as being in it, but whichever "expert" over there typed that info in without doing any fact checking before hitting "save" was most likely garbling actor Hale Hamilton, who actually wrote the story.


Thank you for clearing that up, Richard. That would have been a disappointment (though the Bobby Vernon talkie looks interesting).


Jim Kerkhoff wrote:
If you're interested, Lloyd Hamilton has a small part in "Tanned Legs" (1929) which will air on TCM Oct. 10 at 1:00 p.m. ET


Thanks for the heads-up, Jim. I went back to the Balducci book to learn more about TANNED LEGS; apparently he may have been in the silent version only. That reminds me, TCM will be showing an Arthur Stone short in the coming weeks.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather
Posts: 1877
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 6:30 pm

Re: Love Your Neighbor (1930)

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:09 pm

Joe Migliore wrote:Richard M Roberts wrote:
Oops, those lovely people at Alpha Video must have been looking at the imd(um)b rather than the video copy of the film they were duping when they wrote that one. No indeed, Lloyd Hamilton is not in LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR, it's Charlotte Greenwood, Wilfred Lucas, Dot Farley and Frank Rice. The imd(um)b lists Lloyd Hamilton as being in it, but whichever "expert" over there typed that info in without doing any fact checking before hitting "save" was most likely garbling actor Hale Hamilton, who actually wrote the story.


Thank you for clearing that up, Richard. That would have been a disappointment (though the Bobby Vernon talkie looks interesting).





All three shorts are worth watching, WINDY RILEY of course for seeing what a bad talkie actress Louise Brooks is.


RICHARD M ROBERTS

Jim Kerkhoff
Capo
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:59 am

Re: Love Your Neighbor (1930)

Postby Jim Kerkhoff » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:59 pm

Thanks for the correction. TCM has him listed in the program description credits. Oh, well. Guess I'll just delete it from my scheduled DVR recordings. What/when is the Bobby Vernon talkie being mentioned?

Joe Migliore
Cugine
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: Love Your Neighbor (1930)

Postby Joe Migliore » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:21 pm

Jim Kerkhoff wrote:
What/when is the Bobby Vernon talkie being mentioned?


It's ONE YARD TO GO, and the Louise Brooks short was directed by Arbuckle.


Return to “SCM 101”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest