Larry Semon Movies

101 is designed for beginners with questions about the site, SCM, or early comedy. Use this forum without fear of taunting from advanced users or the local curmudgeons.
Mark A Anderson
Cugine

Larry Semon Movies

Postby Mark A Anderson » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Could someone help me out and tell me if there is a better depository of research material on Larry Semon films? The Herrick has very few/no film stills from his movies. Perhaps Semon didn't have stills taken in his productions? Or maybe the collection is housed somewhere else.
Also, I've bought almost every Semon film on DVD I can find. Only two of them have Frank Hayes in them: The Grocery Clerk and School Days.
Anyone out there have in their personal collections these other Frank Hayes/Larry Semon films (or stills):
The Barnyard (1923), Dew Drop Inn (1919), The Gown Shop (1923), The Hick (1921), His Home Sweet Home (1919), The Simple Life (1919), The Stage Hand (1920).
Of course everyone knows the Greed was Frank Hayes last feature film, but I am looking to see if Frank may have worked on some short films after being in San Francisco for the Greed production.
Thank you. Mark

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: Larry Semon Movies

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:33 pm

Mark A Anderson wrote:Could someone help me out and tell me if there is a better depository of research material on Larry Semon films? The Herrick has very few/no film stills from his movies. Perhaps Semon didn't have stills taken in his productions? Or maybe the collection is housed somewhere else.
Also, I've bought almost every Semon film on DVD I can find. Only two of them have Frank Hayes in them: The Grocery Clerk and School Days.
Anyone out there have in their personal collections these other Frank Hayes/Larry Semon films (or stills):
The Barnyard (1923), Dew Drop Inn (1919), The Gown Shop (1923), The Hick (1921), His Home Sweet Home (1919), The Simple Life (1919), The Stage Hand (1920).
Of course everyone knows the Greed was Frank Hayes last feature film, but I am looking to see if Frank may have worked on some short films after being in San Francisco for the Greed production.
Thank you. Mark

I amassed a huge Larry Semon archive when I wrote the articles in Classic Images on Semon a decade or so ago. I have all the films mentioned in print or video form, and nearly all of his surviving films, including a complete print of SCHOOL DAYS that has more footage than the Blackhawk version. and a large still and artwork file. Contact me privately and we'll see where we can help you.

RICHARD M ROBERTS