C C Burr and east coast production - 1923 edition

101 is designed for beginners with questions about the site, SCM, or early comedy. Use this forum without fear of taunting from advanced users or the local curmudgeons.
christopher connelly
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: The Decorator (1920) - was Re: C C Burr and east coast production - 1923 edition

Postby christopher connelly » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:50 am

Richard M Roberts wrote:
christopher connelly wrote:
Hopefully I can successfully resurrect this old thread. Thanks to the angels at The Lantern, I have just positively identified the Jimmy Aubrey/Oliver Hardy short as THE DECORATOR (1920.)

Which brings us to the obvious next questions:

1) does it survive?
2) Does anyone have any stills with young lady extras in them?



It survives, I have a copy of it.

RICHARD M ROBERTS


Wonderful!

I would love to see it some day.

Do you recall how prominently the ladies feature within the short?

Richard M Roberts
Godfather
Posts: 1864
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 6:30 pm

Re: The Decorator (1920) - was Re: C C Burr and east coast production - 1923 edition

Postby Richard M Roberts » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:16 am

christopher connelly wrote:
Wonderful!

I would love to see it some day.

Do you recall how prominently the ladies feature within the short?



I just looked at THE DECORATOR again and they don't appear prominently at all, or at all, period. In fact, apart from leading lady Catherine Myers, there does not appear to be any other women in the short. This short is mostly Aubrey, Oliver Hardy, and Jack Lloyd with Myers even having not the hugest engenue part imaginable. No Helen Morgan.


RICHARD M ROBERTS

christopher connelly
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: The Decorator (1920) - was Re: C C Burr and east coast production - 1923 edition

Postby christopher connelly » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:03 pm

Richard M Roberts wrote:
christopher connelly wrote:
Wonderful!

I would love to see it some day.

Do you recall how prominently the ladies feature within the short?



I just looked at THE DECORATOR again and they don't appear prominently at all, or at all, period. In fact, apart from leading lady Catherine Myers, there does not appear to be any other women in the short. This short is mostly Aubrey, Oliver Hardy, and Jack Lloyd with Myers even having not the hugest engenue part imaginable. No Helen Morgan.


RICHARD M ROBERTS


OK. Thanks for looking.

christopher connelly
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: The Decorator (1920) - was Re: C C Burr and east coast production - 1923 edition

Postby christopher connelly » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:21 am

christopher connelly wrote:
OK. Thanks for looking.


Next question: Is there a paper archive for Vitagraph which may have info on this production?

Richard M Roberts
Godfather
Posts: 1864
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 6:30 pm

Re: The Decorator (1920) - was Re: C C Burr and east coast production - 1923 edition

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:47 pm

christopher connelly wrote:
christopher connelly wrote:
OK. Thanks for looking.


Next question: Is there a paper archive for Vitagraph which may have info on this production?



Not much, what there is would be in the Warner Brothers papers at USC.

RICHARD M ROBERTS


Return to “SCM 101”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest