THE PLUMBER'S HELPER (1924?) Bobby Dunn, Max Asher

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

THE PLUMBER'S HELPER (1924?) Bobby Dunn, Max Asher

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:05 am

Has anyone ever figured out the actual title of this funny Bobby Dunn Arrow comedy? THE PLUMBER'S HELPER is the COMEDY CAPERS retitle, and the damn Arrow Mirthquake comedies feature some of the most generic titles of any comedies. Well, no matter, it's a good short and it has what is probably a better and more explanative moniker now anyway, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvINcKWCuIs&t=57s

RICHARD M ROBERTS

DaveGlass

Re: THE PLUMBER'S HELPER (1924?) Bobby Dunn, Max Asher

Postby DaveGlass » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:35 pm

Well, according to my notes it's ONCE A BOOB (1924), but can't recall the source of that info.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: THE PLUMBER'S HELPER (1924?) Bobby Dunn, Max Asher

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:15 pm

DaveGlass wrote:Well, according to my notes it's ONCE A BOOB (1924), but can't recall the source of that info.

Works for me, but the only description/review I can find on ONCE A BOOB (from an old Mogull rental catalogue) describes it thus: "Bobby Dunn carries off a true "Boob-y" prize in this fast and furious farce". Not much of a help, and like I said, these damn Mirthquake titles always feel like they were made up before they shot the short.

RICHARD M ROBERTS