Time to think of Slapsticon 2010

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Time to think of Slapsticon 2010

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:57 pm

Hey Folks,

Do you realize this weekend would have been the weekend that we'd have had Slapsticon 2009?

Well, just to get you gearing up for next year, here's the dates for Slapsticon 2010, they're official:

July 15-18, 2010. Thursday through Sunday. The Spectrum Theater, Arlington, Virginia. Mark them on your calendar now!

We'll be announcing our first titles sometime in September, and believe me, we've got a lot of dandies to chose from. Between what I had already put together for the 2009 schedule, and the new goodies we've come across since, it's going to be one heck of a show.

See you There!

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Agnes McFadden
Cugine

Re: Time to think of Slapsticon 2010

Postby Agnes McFadden » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:03 am

Oh yes,

I most definately realized that this weekend would have been Slapsticon.
As soon as lunchtime Thursday hit, I had all I could do to keep my mind off of what I "should" be doing then ( and I was packing up a friend and helping her move, so I was working really hard, but I kept thinking of where I "wanted" to be).

I was trying not to dwell on it (to no avail), but I was missing it terribly.

I miss the films and I miss the friends. You guys all "get it" to the point of sharing and teaching "it".
I really miss that interaction.

Please tell us what you can confirm as soon as you have it for Slapsticon 2010.
Can I reserve my seat now? I will be there no matter what I have to do to make it happen.

Agnes McFadden
Agnes McFadden