Farr off on UPSTREAM

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Farr off on UPSTREAM

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:32 pm

Hey Rob Farr,

apart from turncoating over to Nitratevile, selling out for the chance f free DVD's, you must have had a bad meal before you watched UPSTREAM for your Nitratevile review. It's delightful, and Earle Foxe is hilarious. Went over great both when I saw it at the Academy in LA a few years ago, and at out Movie NIght when we watched the DVD. Good ensemble cast, actually funny for a John Ford picture, and a nice little story. Whats not to like?

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Re: Farr off on UPSTREAM

Postby Gary Johnson » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:03 pm

Come on Richard!!! All Ford pictures are funny. Maybe not Shemp Howard funny,
but they all carry that little something that we in the picture business call "heart".

Now return to browbeating your turncoat friend.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:50 am

Gary Johnson wrote:Come on Richard!!! All Ford pictures are funny. Maybe not Shemp Howard funny,
but they all carry that little something that we in the picture business call "heart".

Now return to browbeating your turncoat friend.

Does the "heart" come in before or after John Wayne and Victor McLaglen beat the crap out of each other?

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Postby Gary Johnson » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:42 am

Exactly! My idea of heart.

Rob Farr
Godfather

Postby Rob Farr » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:01 pm

And the worst part is that I didn't even win! Foxe didn't do it for me but it was fun seeing the legendary Raymond Hitchcock (playing a down and out version of himself no less).
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx

Pasquale Ventura

Postby Pasquale Ventura » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:44 pm

Just mentioned UPSTREAM in another post but what the hell. Not eating a bad meal before watching, it was with a pot of strong coffee in the morning. As mentioned in my other post, UPSTREAM was a very enjoyable comedy worth seeing again one day. It is a movie not taking itself too seriously, mocking uppity actors who develop airs about themselves forgetting where they come from and friends which is what makes it appealing.