Lloyd Hamilton

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
James Bazen
Associate

Lloyd Hamilton

Postby James Bazen » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:28 am

What does everyone think of the Looser Than Loose set of Lloyd Hamilton shorts? I've been contemplating buying that. I'm not as familiar with Hamilton's work as I am with some of the other comedians. I did buy the Grapevine DVD of Lloyd Hamilton talkie shorts which were hit or miss. I enjoyed Don't Be Nervous, and I really enjoyed the ones he made with Marjorie Beebe like Doubling In The Quickies and False Impressions. I thought she was hilarious. And Pop's Pal was sort of fun although Lloyd had pretty much a supporting part.

Bill Coleman
Cugine

Re: Lloyd Hamilton

Postby Bill Coleman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:08 pm

I like it quite a bit. I posted a review on my currently moribund but still available blog which went into a fair amount of detail. Hopefully you will find it helpful:

http://abrokenheartandaglassofbeer.blog ... ilton.html

There has been a new disc from Looser Than Loose called "Hamaddenda" since I wrote this. I have it but haven't gotten around to watching more than a few bits yet.

Eric Stott
Cugine

Postby Eric Stott » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:37 pm

If you like Hamilton (as any thinking man should) it's a great set. Some of the print material is below par (Grapevine has a better edition of MOVE ALONG) but taken as a whole this is a must-have.

Cole Johnson
Associate

Postby Cole Johnson » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:47 pm

The Looser Than Loose "GENIUS OF LLOYD HAMILTON" is a superb collection. You'll have hours of fun with this set! Our old friend Lloyd is the classic forgotten master comedian, an unjust situation that seems to be slowly rectified with Looser Than Loose's DVDs, and Anthony Balducci's upcoming biography.