HIS FIRST FLAT TIRE

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Pasquale Ventura

HIS FIRST FLAT TIRE

Postby Pasquale Ventura » Fri May 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Going through a box of super 8mm movies I came across a Blackhawk Films print of a one reel comedy simply labeled on the box HIS FIRST FLAT TIRE. Being this has been in storage for so many years I have no memory of it or even purchasing it from Blackhawk. Definitely from the mid 1970's. Not having access to a projector the only information about it I can find is it stars Paul Parrott and Sid Smith, from early 20's.

Can any one tell me more information about this comedy, what studio this is from and year of release, etc?

Thank you.

Pasquale

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: HIS FIRST FLAT TIRE

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sat May 17, 2014 1:05 am

Pasquale Ventura wrote:Going through a box of super 8mm movies I came across a Blackhawk Films print of a one reel comedy simply labeled on the box HIS FIRST FLAT TIRE. Being this has been in storage for so many years I have no memory of it or even purchasing it from Blackhawk. Definitely from the mid 1970's. Not having access to a projector the only information about it I can find is it stars Paul Parrott and Sid Smith, from early 20's.

Can any one tell me more information about this comedy, what studio this is from and year of release, etc?

Thank you.

Pasquale

HIS FIRST FLAT TIRE is a 1919 Holly Comedy made by Alkire Photoplays and released through Bullseye, which later became part of Reelcraft. It was a short-lived little independent series that Parrott and Smith did that is an early starring series for them both. Blackhawk actually offerred prints of another one, AN AUTO NUT, and they are both clever, enjoyable little comedies.

RICHARD M ROBERTS