MACK SENNETT COLLECTION COMMENTARY TRACKS and ERRATA

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Bill Coleman
Cugine

Re: MACK SENNETT COLLECTION COMMENTARY TRACKS and ERRATA

Postby Bill Coleman » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:19 pm

It's not a Blu-ray app you need, but a Blu-ray drive. Obviously, if you only
have a DVD drive on your computer (I've had a standalone Blu-ray player for years,
but not a drive for my computer), that will not work.

Ed Watz
Associate

Postby Ed Watz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:52 am

Thanks Bill for that clarification, of course I used the wrong terminology - can anyone recommend a good external Blu-Ray hard drive that works well with a PC or Mac?
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

Rift Corbitt

Postby Rift Corbitt » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:44 am

Robert Moulton wrote:One question, I already have a BluRay player (a PS3) but it would not read the PDF of Joe's essay. Do I need a BluRay drive on a PC also so I can read the PDF?

That's not a complaint, I'll gladly update my PC if I need to, just checking to see if there is another way to read the file.

Bill Coleman wrote:It's not a Blu-ray app you need, but a Blu-ray drive. Obviously, if you only
have a DVD drive on your computer (I've had a standalone Blu-ray player for years,
but not a drive for my computer), that will not work.

Ed Watz wrote:Thanks Bill for that clarification, of course I used the wrong terminology - can anyone recommend a good external Blu-Ray hard drive that works well with a PC or Mac?

Hi

Although I think all should have a Blu-Ray-ROM in 2014 the Mack Sennett set only has one item for which it is required - the 2.5MB PBDF essay.

I'd be glad to send a copy of the PDF to Mr. Gierucki and he can then disseminate on a case by case basis.

If what I have mentioned in this posting is out of line i will take no offense if it is deleted.

Rift
Last edited by Rift Corbitt on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rift Corbitt

Postby Rift Corbitt » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:46 am

Richard M Roberts wrote:Hey, how did I end up doing more the rest of the gang? Lazy Pikers!

RICHARD M ROBERTS (and if I'd have known GALLOPING BUNGALOWS was going wanting, I'd have done one for that too, it's one of the best Sennetts Del Lord ever did)

Hello Mr Roberts,

I am finally posting :)

I would be interested in any notes you'd are willing to share for that short. I have not watched it yet, not have ever seen it so anything you mention I can use as a primer.

Rift

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:36 am

Rift Corbitt wrote:
Richard M Roberts wrote:Hey, how did I end up doing more the rest of the gang? Lazy Pikers!

RICHARD M ROBERTS (and if I'd have known GALLOPING BUNGALOWS was going wanting, I'd have done one for that too, it's one of the best Sennetts Del Lord ever did)

Hello Mr Roberts,

I am finally posting :)

I would be interested in any notes you'd are willing to share for that short. I have not watched it yet, not have ever seen it so anything you mention I can use as a primer.

Rift

Better yet, watch it un-primed and ask questions after.

RICHARD M ROBERTS (and welcome to the Mafia!)