Billy West King Bee / Billy Whiskers

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Dino Everett
Associate

Billy West King Bee / Billy Whiskers

Postby Dino Everett » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:57 am

OK I'll try another one...A Billy West / Chaplin King Bee with a kitchen scene featuring Billy and a monkey watching him? I'm going to put a youtube clip of that Monty Banks/Sid Smith clip tomorrow to help someone identify that one...Been finding all of these crazy 100 footers I forgot I had...Also, is there more than one Billy Whiskers comedy? I have one called "In Bad with the police" and I'm wondering if it is extracted from the one simply called Billy Whiskers, or if it was a short lived series.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: Billy West King Bee / Billy Whiskers

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:49 am

Dino Everett wrote:OK I'll try another one...A Billy West / Chaplin King Bee with a kitchen scene featuring Billy and a monkey watching him? I'm going to put a youtube clip of that Monty Banks/Sid Smith clip tomorrow to help someone identify that one...Been finding all of these crazy 100 footers I forgot I had...Also, is there more than one Billy Whiskers comedy? I have one called "In Bad with the police" and I'm wondering if it is extracted from the one simply called Billy Whiskers, or if it was a short lived series.

It was a short-lived series, but there are at least three, and I think LOC has all three of them.

Are you sure it's a King Bee Billy West? Is Oliver Hardy n the clip? It could be a Bullseye or a Emerald/Reelcraft as well.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Steve Massa
Capo

Postby Steve Massa » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:15 am

Hi Dino - If you can the Billy West clip would be a great one to put up as well.

Dino Everett
Associate

Postby Dino Everett » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:51 pm

I got swamped today, but will get both clips up on Monday..The weird thing with the Billy West is it being a toy 100footer it has a replaced main title that says Charlie In the Money and then when it is rolling along the intertitles say King Bee on the bottom..

Steve Massa
Capo

Postby Steve Massa » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:38 pm

Thanks Dino. Sounds like they may have kept some of the original King Bee intertitles.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:16 pm

The only King Bee I recall with a monkey in it is THE BAND MASTER (1917), is it a smaller,organ-grinders type monkey or a chimp? It's literally an organ-grinders monkey in THE BAND MASTER whom Billy brings to a swank party to prove the Organ Grinder is crashing the party. There were scenes in the kitcken, because I think Billy's girlfriend is the cook there.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Dino Everett
Associate

Postby Dino Everett » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:11 pm

Here is the Billy West clip, which may be the Band Master as you say Richard.

https://vimeo.com/105688457

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:31 pm

Dino Everett wrote:Here is the Billy West clip, which may be the Band Master as you say Richard.

https://vimeo.com/105688457

Yep, it's THE BAND MASTER.

RICHARD M ROBERTS