Nitratevile Answer Dept: Chaplin Collaborators Lehrman Pic

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Nitratevile Answer Dept: Chaplin Collaborators Lehrman Pic

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:38 am

http://nitrateville.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16699

The "experts" at Nitratevile won't ever get this one, the group photo of the actors standing around Henry Lehrman is of the cast of CHICKEN A LA KING (Fox 1928), which he directed they are : (top row L to R): Arthur Stone, Ford Sterling, Carol Holloway, George Meeker, (bottom row, L to R), Nancy Carroll, Henry Lehrman, Frances Lee.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Louie Despres
Associate

Re: Nitratevile Answer Dept: Chaplin Collaborators Lehrman P

Postby Louie Despres » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:16 am

Yeah, that site is really going to the dogs. I'm thinking I'm going to post on something and just don't because there are some real idiots over there who can't wrap their heads around certain things ever. And don't get me started on the ones who won't settle for anything less than blu-ray.

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Postby Gary Johnson » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:50 am

And yet, even though Richard has supplied the answers, even the folks at NuttyVille refuse to play with that nutjob, JFK.
His posts are always mile-long collages of scrapbooks. I'm sure he sits home at night in his mother's attic cutting out paper dolls.
He was one reason (just ONE, mind you) that I vacated that site early on - long before they expelled Richard.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Gary Johnson wrote:And yet, even though Richard has supplied the answers, even the folks at NuttyVille refuse to play with that nutjob, JFK.
His posts are always mile-long collages of scrapbooks. I'm sure he sits home at night in his mother's attic cutting out paper dolls.
He was one reason (just ONE, mind you) that I vacated that site early on - long before they expelled Richard.

Oh go get yer mornin' coffee Johnson, you're too damn cranky!

JFK is allright, they post actual information, ask legitimate questions, and stay out of the opinion wars with the NNN's, not trying to push opinions based on what they pulled out of their ass that morning rather than any actual fact like the other NNN's do. They have also been supportive of Slapsticon, my other works, and this site in general, even these days when the mere mention of my name or the mafia makes the NNN's twitchy and techy. Perhaps they got a little overzealous in their "things to do at Indiana University during Slapsticon" thread, but as denizens of Nitratevile go these days, whomever they are, JFK is reasonably non-toxic, I just wish they'd quit the small type font.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Postby Gary Johnson » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:26 pm

And I didn't think too highly of his Presidency, either...

Rob Farr
Godfather

Postby Rob Farr » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:39 pm

They? Is JFK a collective, a consortium, a cartel? Or are you just trying to be gender-neutral?

Richard M Roberts wrote:Oh go get yer mornin' coffee Johnson, you're too damn cranky!

JFK is allright, they post actual information, ask legitimate questions, and stay out of the opinion wars with the NNN's, not trying to push opinions based on what they pulled out of their ass that morning rather than any actual fact like the other NNN's do. They have also been supportive of Slapsticon, my other works, and this site in general, even these days when the mere mention of my name or the mafia makes the NNN's twitchy and techy. Perhaps they got a little overzealous in their "things to do at Indiana University during Slapsticon" thread, but as denizens of Nitratevile go these days, whomever they are, JFK is reasonably non-toxic, I just wish they'd quit the small type font.

RICHARD M ROBERTS
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:11 pm

Rob Farr wrote:They? Is JFK a collective, a consortium, a cartel? Or are you just trying to be gender-neutral?

Well, do you know what effin' sex JFK is Farr? Johnson thought the initials stood for Kennedy, which apparently they don't. I could have referred to them as "it".

RICHARD M ROBERTS (Now that you mention it, "it" would well describe a fair portion of the NNN's)