Steve Haynes has passed

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Steve Haynes has passed

Postby Richard M Roberts » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Steve Haynes, one of the founders and the President of Cinevent has passed away today.

Steve was also the person who laid out and put together the Slapsticon program books.

He was a good friend, a truly kind gentleman, and for 47 years put on the best and most easygoing of all the Cinephile Conventions. He will be missed.

Our hearts and prayers go out to the Haynes Family and the Cinevent Community on this very sad day.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Re: Steve Haynes has passed

Postby Gary Johnson » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:01 pm

I was just on the Cinevent web page last night and a note informed us that he was not doing well.

He did a great job with those program books. For many they have become collector items.

Michael J Hayde
Associate

Postby Michael J Hayde » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:22 pm

Very saddened to hear this. Steve was indeed among the very best. My prayers and condolences go out to him and his family.

Michael

Louie Despres
Associate

Postby Louie Despres » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:19 pm

Gentleman in the truest sense of the word. My thoughts go to his family and all those who called the man a friend. He will be missed.

Rob Farr
Godfather

Postby Rob Farr » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:15 pm

My condolences to his family and all who loved him. Steve was a genuine nice guy whose generosity benefitted everyone who loves classic film.
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx