When Comedy Was King - one happy viewer

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
David Pickard

When Comedy Was King - one happy viewer

Postby David Pickard » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:13 pm

Well, I’ve just finished watching ‘When Comedy Was King’ and wow! what a fantastic print. To think that we can see – and in excellent quality too – footage that is nearly 100 years old; we’re fortunate it’s even survived, let alone undergone restoration. Let’s hope the guys at Sprocket Vault release more so that the current generation get to see some of these sadly forgotten and greatly underappreciated comics of the past.
The bonus shorts (graciously made available by Richard M Roberts) were a very nice addition – I just loved the ‘The Three Fatties’. I’m now looking forward to more becoming available.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: When Comedy Was King - one happy viewer

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:06 pm

David Pickard wrote:Well, I’ve just finished watching ‘When Comedy Was King’ and wow! what a fantastic print. To think that we can see – and in excellent quality too – footage that is nearly 100 years old; we’re fortunate it’s even survived, let alone undergone restoration. Let’s hope the guys at Sprocket Vault release more so that the current generation get to see some of these sadly forgotten and greatly underappreciated comics of the past.
The bonus shorts (graciously made available by Richard M Roberts) were a very nice addition – I just loved the ‘The Three Fatties’. I’m now looking forward to more becoming available.

Thank you David, glad you enjoyed the disc.

If you want to see more Three Fatties, Alpha Video has this collection available:

https://www.amazon.com/Three-Fatties-Mi ... s+comedies

RICHARD M ROBERTS