Larry Semon - The Head Waiter

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
David Pickard

Larry Semon - The Head Waiter

Postby David Pickard » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:37 am

I'm aware that this film has recently been restored and shown in a few places - does anyone know if it is likely to get a DVD release anytime soon?

Rob Stone
Associate

Re: Larry Semon - The Head Waiter

Postby Rob Stone » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:04 am

It will be on one of two forthcoming DVD/BluRays from Kino Lorber. Either one featuring Vitagraph comedies, or one of Laurel or Hardy solo films. Both curated by yours truly.

David Pickard

Postby David Pickard » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:17 pm

Thanks for that Rob - I look forward to their release. Will the DVDs only include complete films, or will they also contain some of those where only fragments remain e.g. 'Galloping Ghosts', 'Say It With Babies', 'Freckled Fish'? I know that it's entire films that people typically want to see, but personally I think that some of the fragments would be very interesting too. When are the DVDs likely to be released?

Are you planning an updated edition of your 'Laurel Or Hardy' book as there have been a number of discoveries and a lot of new information has come to light since the original was published? I would be one of the first in the queue to get a copy of that...

Rob Stone
Associate

Postby Rob Stone » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:14 pm

Updating the book soon.... for me that means a couple of years.

The discs will be mainly complete films but will include fragments as extra material. Hoping to have the complete Galloping Ghosts.

David Pickard

Postby David Pickard » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:59 pm

Thanks for the update Rob, sounds like a must for all fans of 'The Boys'.