Harry Gribbon Movie

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Mark A Anderson
Cugine

Harry Gribbon Movie

Postby Mark A Anderson » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:53 pm

Hoping someone might recognize this movie that I believe has Harry Gribbon in the bow tie as well as Venice Hayes Chase (name at time of movie) as one of the women in the photo still.
Thank you,
Mark
Attachments
Group admiring Painting.jpg
Harry Gribbon
Group admiring Painting.jpg (182.87 KiB) Viewed 12077 times

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: Harry Gribbon Movie

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:11 am

Mark A Anderson wrote:Hoping someone might recognize this movie that I believe has Harry Gribbon in the bow tie as well as Venice Hayes Chase (name at time of movie) as one of the women in the photo still.
Thank you,
Mark

It ain't Harry Gribbon.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Steve Massa
Capo

Postby Steve Massa » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:23 am

Yeah, this shot seems to be from a dramatic feature or short. The actor holding the painting looks a bit like Sam De Grasse with a moustache.

Steve

Brent Walker
Capo

Postby Brent Walker » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:45 pm

It looks like Marjorie Beebe, as she looked in the late 20's at Fox, in the dead center back (behind the guy with the hat). If it is Sam De Grasse (and it does look like him to me, as well), it might be THE FARMER'S DAUGHTER (1928), as Sam is listed as being in that one.

Brent

Brent Walker
Capo

Postby Brent Walker » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:51 pm

As for Venice Hayes, I believe she is at the far left (with a lot of makeup).

Mark A Anderson
Cugine

Postby Mark A Anderson » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:13 pm

Thank you for all the leads. I certainly gives me plenty of work to follow up on. I must say. It is Venice's caregivers who believe she is in the photo. They are the people I got this archive from. They lived in one of the houses owned by Venice and originally owned by Frank Hayes on Alvarado. They are still livng, one in great health and one in declining.