Buster Keaton interviewed in costume for FORUM - 1965

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Ed Watz
Associate

Buster Keaton interviewed in costume for FORUM - 1965

Postby Ed Watz » Sat May 27, 2017 1:51 pm

The interviewer asks questions in Spanish but Buster replies in English -- and thankfully, he's not overdubbed here.

Nothing revelatory, but it's always a good day when some fresh "unknown Keaton" footage turns up.

Special thanks to my friend Eva Tiozzo for alerting me to this.

https://youtu.be/sggS0lwzr0E
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

Chris Webb

Re: Buster Keaton interviewed in costume for FORUM - 1965

Postby Chris Webb » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:38 am

When it comes to ending an interview, Buster was a real pro - and why not? He'd been dealing with the press since he was a child.

Ed Watz
Associate

Re: Buster Keaton interviewed in costume for FORUM - 1965

Postby Ed Watz » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:51 am

Chris Webb wrote:When it comes to ending an interview, Buster was a real pro - and why not? He'd been dealing with the press since he was a child.

Yes, indeed - Buster "directs" the Spanish-speaking interviewer in much the same way that he directed the clowns at the Circus Medrano, or the railroad track workers when filming THE RAILRODDER. There was never a language barrier when you're one of the movies' greatest pantomimists.
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)