No Place Like Jail

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
David Pickard

No Place Like Jail

Postby David Pickard » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Does anyone know if the Stan Laurel film 'No Place Like Jail' exists? I've read a number of articles which say it was available from Emgee Films on Super8 / 16mm - but surely that must be old information as I thought they went out of business years ago. Can anyone confirm what the current position actually is?

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: No Place Like Jail

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:49 pm

David Pickard wrote:Does anyone know if the Stan Laurel film 'No Place Like Jail' exists? I've read a number of articles which say it was available from Emgee Films on Super8 / 16mm - but surely that must be old information as I thought they went out of business years ago. Can anyone confirm what the current position actually is?

NO PLACE LIKE JAIL is not currently known to exist, the film Murray Glass at Glenn Photo Supply/Emgee Film Library offered as NO PLACE LIKE JAIL was, in fact, a one-reel version of DETAINED, Stan's 1924 Joe Rock short.

There were several stills from NO PLACE LIKE JAIL in my Hal Roach book.

RICHARD M ROBERTS