A New John Wayne/Lloyd Hamilton spotting

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

A New John Wayne/Lloyd Hamilton spotting

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:53 pm

Hey Gang,

Lookin at A HOME-MADE MAN (1928) on Messr's Glass and Wyatt's Lloyd Hamilton DVD, and who pops up in A HOME-MADE MAN(1928) around the 7:37 mark?

Sitting at the soda fountain counter behind the guy having (or trying to have) a butterscotch sundae being served by Ham.........yep, let the John Wayne looneys go looney again, we've found him in another one.

He may also be fourth from the back in the line of guys exercising in the gym a little later.

Frame grabs later.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Paul E. Gierucki
Godfather

Re: A New John Wayne/Lloyd Hamilton spotting

Postby Paul E. Gierucki » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:51 am

I concur wholeheartedly. Another brilliant discovery, Richard! Congrats!

(John Wayne far right in first pic, middle in all other pics--RMR)

Steve Massa
Capo

Postby Steve Massa » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:16 am

Yeah, that's definitely "the Duke." Years later Wayne wanted to rework this bit in THE SEARCHERS, but Ford hated Jack Miller.

DaveGlass

Postby DaveGlass » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:59 am

Nice one Richard. Can't believe I hadn't noticed it myself, considering how many times I ended up watching it during the restoration process!

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:14 pm

DaveGlass wrote:Nice one Richard. Can't believe I hadn't noticed it myself, considering how many times I ended up watching it during the restoration process!

I'm sure you were too concerned with making the short look as great as it could to be concerned with background players.

The irony was that we sat down to watch the short at our regular Friday Movie Night and Joe Moore had just joked "say, is John Wayne going to show up in this short?", when I spotted him and said, "Yep, he's right there.".

BTW Dave, the disc looks great, the speeds are right, and the scores terrific. Well Done.

RICHARD M ROBERTS