And HELLO???

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Thomas Reeder
Cugine

Re: And HELLO???

Postby Thomas Reeder » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:10 pm

That's an intriguing idea, Brent, and a book I'd purchase in a heartbeat. If it takes as long as the Sennett book, though, I'll probably be dead before it gets published - or at the very least need an extremely thick pair of glasses to read it.

Tom

Rob Farr
Godfather

Postby Rob Farr » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:22 pm

I just got my copy...incredible! No less than the best single volume ever on a Hollywood comedy company. Not only does Brent correct the myriad of filmography mistakes of the past, but he gives a comprehensive history of the studio and profiles of all the personnel. Don't let the price scare you. Brent could have broken this up into three or four volumes but it is a steal for the product you're getting. Amazon's wacky pricing bounces up and down like the NASDAQ but you can grab it now for $100. Don't wait...tomorrow it could be $120.
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx

Louie Despres
Associate

Postby Louie Despres » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:21 pm

B&N just delayed my order, AGAIN! Looks like I'm never getting this thing!

Ed Watz
Associate

Postby Ed Watz » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:17 pm

Two years on, and I'm still reveling in Brent's Mack Sennett book, I'm just as pleased as that Christmas Day in 2009. I don't believe I've carried a book around with me so often since my ninth birthday when I received THE FILMS OF LAUREL & HARDY, back in '67.

Brent, your book is an almost-permanent fixture on my night table. I have to start carrying it with my other hand, just to even out my biceps!

Thanks again for this magnificent labor of love.
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

Joe Migliore
Cugine

Postby Joe Migliore » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:46 pm

For our tenth wedding anniversary, I got my wife a diamond ring. She got me Brent's Sennett book. I think I recieved the better gift by far. Thank you Brent; it's absolutely indispensable.