Mafia Webinar: Collecting Classic Comedy and Film (part 1?): Glenn Mitchell, Richard M Roberts and Hooman Mehren

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Mafia Webinar: Collecting Classic Comedy and Film (part 1?): Glenn Mitchell, Richard M Roberts and Hooman Mehren

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:18 am

A Mafia Exclusive! Glenn Mitchell, Hooman Mehren and yours truly sat down to talk about how we got into this crazy area of interest and some of the odd home movie companies and collectors we encountered on the way:

https://bit.ly/ComedyCollecting1

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Rob Farr
Godfather

Re: Mafia Webinar: Collecting Classic Comedy and Film (part 1?): Glenn Mitchell, Richard M Roberts and Hooman Mehren

Postby Rob Farr » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:17 am

Wow! Just discovered this so haven't watched, but... Bravo!
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx

Joe Migliore
Cugine

Re: Mafia Webinar: Collecting Classic Comedy and Film (part 1?): Glenn Mitchell, Richard M Roberts and Hooman Mehren

Postby Joe Migliore » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:47 am

That was fun; I hope there will be more of them! It brought back memories of ordering from Blackhawk back in the Seventies. (My first order was two Harold Lloyd shorts: ALL ABOARD and DON'T SHOVE. Before long I was ordering used prints from Movie Collector's World.) Those were the days.

Rob Farr
Godfather

Postby Rob Farr » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:41 pm

I just finishing listening and I think anyone who grew up watching classic comedy on TV, who perused Blackhawk catalogues, or who took the fatal bite of the apple and became a collector; will enjoy this. Don’t let the epic length deter you. I consumed it in half-hour chunks and the trio’s topics of discussion are so wide ranging that it is very easy to pick up where you left off. Can’t wait for the next installment.
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx

William Ferry
Cugine

Postby William Ferry » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:11 am

Nice use of graphics, too. How many of us felt a tinge of nostalgia for those Blackhawk Films boxes?