Happy New Year 2024!

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
William Ferry
Cugine

Happy New Year 2024!

Postby William Ferry » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:54 pm

Happy New Year fellow Mafiosi! May the coming year bring you joy, peace, and plenty of goodies. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to burn some 1928 PD material to DVD to sell at my local flea market (after Covid, is that even a thing anymore?)

Or as my dear Uncle Jack might have said to me, "Don't miss that STEAMBOAT, WILLIE".

OK, Richard, I'll go offstage quietly, now.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: Happy New Year 2024!

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:22 pm

Yes, over at the even-more-boring-than-usual Nitwitvile we were having a good laugh about the big deal being made there about a release of THE WEDDING MARCH with it's original Movietone track, I've had a nice 16mm print of that with score and Technicolor sequences for decades, and it was far from a one-of-a-kind. Here are the notes from a Cinevent showing of it years ago:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=877

It's nice that the Public is finally re-claiming Domain on these titles that were stolen from us by Sonny Bono and the Big Mouse Corporation a number of years ago.

RICHARD M ROBERTS