SCM'S Upcoming 15th Anniversary

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

SCM'S Upcoming 15th Anniversary

Postby Richard M Roberts » Tue May 07, 2024 10:47 pm

Good God, while typing up our new opening for Membership post, it did indeed dawn on me that June 1 is the Fifteenth Anniversary of Silent Comedy Mafia!

Not that we really care or pay attention to that sort of thing, but, kinda like our 10th Anniversary, one toss of confetti, and a quick hoorah, now back to more important things.

RICHARD M ROBERTS (If you are annoyed because this message is weeks early, just ignore it and come back on June 1st)

William Ferry
Cugine

Re: SCM'S Upcoming 15th Anniversary

Postby William Ferry » Thu May 09, 2024 4:58 am

Richard, this is one of maybe three sites I visit daily. I'm glad to be a member, and this is an anniversary well worth celebrating. Thanks for all the knowledge you've imparted. I'm looking forward to what's to come. On a side note, I was finally able to scrounge a copy of SMILEAGE GUARANTEED, and it was well worth the effort!

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Thu May 09, 2024 3:54 pm

William Ferry wrote:Richard, this is one of maybe three sites I visit daily. I'm glad to be a member, and this is an anniversary well worth celebrating. Thanks for all the knowledge you've imparted. I'm looking forward to what's to come. On a side note, I was finally able to scrounge a copy of SMILEAGE GUARANTEED, and it was well worth the effort!

Well, thank you William, and thanks for being a part of the Mafia all these years as well.

Where did you scrounge the copy of the book from, was it autographed or not autographed (the non-autographed ones are rarer)?

RICHARD M ROBERTS

William Ferry
Cugine

Postby William Ferry » Sat May 11, 2024 9:25 am

Hi Richard, if I recall correctly, I think I got it either from Etsy or ABE Books, and it was an autographed copy!

I do a lot of online searching and shopping (eBay, etc.). Not to be melancholy, but sometimes I feel a bit sad, thinking "This meant something to someone". For example, I bought an album autographed by bandleader Russ Morgan, with a personal note to a couple who had a cup of coffee with him at the Dunes, A few months before he passed away.

On the positive side, items like these now have a home again with someone who appreciates them.