Problems with reply posting

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Problems with reply posting

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon May 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Hey Gang,

When I post a reply with a quote attached to this website, I'm having trouble typing in a response. The message jumps up and down as I type, and the hilighting to cut and paste seems to be a bit uncontrollable. Is anyone else having this problem with this site, or is it my computer? It only seems to be doing this when I have quoted another messasge.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Paul Penna
Cugine

Re: Problems with reply posting

Postby Paul Penna » Mon May 10, 2010 3:53 pm

Richard M Roberts wrote:Hey Gang,

When I post a reply with a quote attached to this website, I'm having trouble typing in a response. The message jumps up and down as I type, and the hilighting to cut and paste seems to be a bit uncontrollable. Is anyone else having this problem with this site, or is it my computer? It only seems to be doing this when I have quoted another messasge.
RICHARD M ROBERTS

Not having a problem with Safari & Mac OS 10.5.8.

Brent Walker
Capo

Postby Brent Walker » Mon May 10, 2010 5:48 pm

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Richard, I haven't experienced any problems--I am right now using Chrome on Mac OS 10.5.8 and I logged in and quoted your post and everything was steady, not jittery. Maybe there's just a little dust and hair in the gate--try taking a q-tip dipped in alcohol and rubbing it around... oh if only computers were as simple as projectors!

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Mon May 10, 2010 7:10 pm

Brent Walker wrote:

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Richard, I haven't experienced any problems--I am right now using Chrome on Mac OS 10.5.8 and I logged in and quoted your post and everything was steady, not jittery. Maybe there's just a little dust and hair in the gate--try taking a q-tip dipped in alcohol and rubbing it around... oh if only computers were as simple as projectors!

It seems to happen only when I've quoted longer posts, like when I was quoting Birchard's long-winded stuff.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Paul Penna
Cugine

Postby Paul Penna » Mon May 10, 2010 11:15 pm

Richard M Roberts wrote:It seems to happen only when I've quoted longer posts, like when I was quoting Birchard's long-winded stuff.

I just tried it with that post, both quoting in full and also copying and pasting quotes, and the editor behaved OK for me.