Okay, back to the other 3 days, 23 hrs 50 min of Slapsticon

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Okay, back to the other 3 days, 23 hrs 50 min of Slapsticon

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:52 pm

Yeah, Chaplin this, Chaplin that. Great, we got the word out, and everyone's a buzzin, but now lets stop to remember all the other great stuff wer're running at Slapsticon 2010. Heck, A THIEF CATCHER ain't even the only "lost" film we're gonna be running this year. Did I bother to mention here that Rob Stone turned up the second reel fo WHEN KNIGHTS WERE COLD (1922) with Stan Laurel and will be running it in his Rarities Program?

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Louie Despres
Associate

Re: Okay, back to the other 3 days, 23 hrs 50 min of Slapsticon

Postby Louie Despres » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:21 pm

Seeing as it's just about a month away I must go on record in saying for me best aspect about Slapsticon is about 95% of the films listed on the schedule I haven't seen before, making each film a new discovery! And of the ones I have seen, I am really excited about seeing "Africa Screams" in 35mm for some reason.

GREAT news about the Stan Laurel find! Can't wait to see that, too! I was wondering, perhaps Rob could come up with a page print out of the films he is showing with brief descriptions, that could be handed out after his show (I know we like surprises) so we could add that to our programs? Just a thought.

Rob Stone
Associate

Postby Rob Stone » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:33 pm

I will certainly do that... now all I have to do is figure out what is going to be in my program. I've got some cool stuff planned but it depends on what actually gets out of the lab.

Rob

Louie Despres
Associate

Postby Louie Despres » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:34 am

Rob Stone wrote:I will certainly do that... now all I have to do is figure out what is going to be in my program. I've got some cool stuff planned but it depends on what actually gets out of the lab.

Rob

It doesn't have to be comprehensive, but I always find myself coming home and like 3 days later saying, "yeah.............., what did Rob Stone show??"