Lost Al Joy film found....again

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Dino Everett
Associate

Lost Al Joy film found....again

Postby Dino Everett » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:05 pm

I almost had some exciting news for the Al Joy fans out there...I was given 2 cans of nitrate to id at work and a few seconds in...there he was... The man, the legend...AL ' freakin' JOY......a few more seconds in and I started scratching my head.... "Are you kidding?" It was yet another complete copy of The Helpless Helper (sans title this time) - So I am guessing that accounts for all two copies of the film that were originally produced.....OK that was a goof, I'm sure there were hundreds of copies produced.......Anyway sorry I missed the weekend festivities, but glad to hear things went well...I actually missed all weekend festivities as we didn't go to SF either....A little side note, I have been transferring some Hal wallis home movies here at work, and some have some footage of Louise Fazanda just hanging out with her kids, and on the beach, etc...supposedly one of the reels has an intoxicated Marion Davies stumbling round a tennis court, but haven't seen that one yet....Hope to see some at cinecon..

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Re: Lost Al Joy film found....again

Postby Gary Johnson » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Dino,
Where do you work at?,,,,,,,,,,,if I'm not being too nosy.

Gary J.

Dino Everett
Associate

Re: Lost Al Joy film found....again

Postby Dino Everett » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:15 pm

at the UCLA Film & Television Archive, and no it is not too nosy : )