Bill Cassara's New Vernon Dent Book

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Bill Cassara's New Vernon Dent Book

Postby Richard M Roberts » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:46 pm

Must get in a nice big plug and command you all to go out and buy Bill Cassara's new book on Vernon Dent. VERNON DENT STOOGE HEAVY from Bearmanor Media:

http://www.amazon.com/Vernon-Dent-Stoog ... 1593935498

Just like his book on Edgar Kennedy, Bill s new book is a nice, well-informed but leisurely and un-pretentious read about a comic great that also managed to be a nice guy, especially after some trying circumstances in his childhood. I learned lots of new stuff and thoroughly enjoyed the book. Lots of great stills and topped off with a thorough filmography. Get it under your Christmas tree today!

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Bill Cassara
Associate

Re: Bill Cassara's New Vernon Dent Book

Postby Bill Cassara » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:44 am

I was able to find two new Vernon Dent titles; both shown at the Daily Northwestern (Oshkosh, Wisconsin).
Title # 1: November 4, 1921. It is listed as a "Christie Comedy" Vernon Dent in "Country Style" (no other details.
Title #2: December "also a Verno Dent Comedy; "Young and Foolish."

I cannot find any details about the two films. Too late for the book, but we might be able to learn more if anyone can make a connection. Vernon was certainly active during that time.