Blue Collar Buster & Silents Please: The Great Comedians

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Paul E. Gierucki
Godfather

Blue Collar Buster & Silents Please: The Great Comedians

Postby Paul E. Gierucki » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:49 pm

CineMuseum, a new company dedicated to the restoration and distribution of classic comedies, will begin taking pre-orders on October 1, 2011 for its initial DVD offerings:

BLUE COLLAR BUSTER and SILENTS PLEASE: THE GREAT COMEDIANS

Blue Collar Buster is a two disc collection of fully restored Buster Keaton rarities including promotional, industrial and rare commercial films, interviews, trailers, previously thought “lost” footage, commentary tracks, documentaries, audio recordings and other curiosities unavailable elsewhere. This wonderful assemblage, produced in HD from the best surviving film prints, is available in both the standard DVD and Blu-ray formats.

Silents Please: The Great Comedians is a two disc set featuring long unavailable episodes of the classic Paul Killiam produced documentary series. Carefully restored from the original 35mm materials, this collection also contains previously unseen outtakes, rare commercials, unused materials, promotional materials, short subjects and much more! Available in standard DVD and Blu-ray formats.

These releases will be followed by The Mack Sennett Collection, The Arbuckle Anthology and The Essential Mabel Normand -- all mastered in HD from the best surviving 35mm nitrate, negatives, preservation materials or the lone surviving print.

Full content, release dates, ordering instructions and other details will be available here in September.

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Re: Blue Collar Buster & Silents Please: The Great Comedians

Postby Gary Johnson » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:18 pm

Come on Paul! When someone starts up a new DVD company they need to make a big splash and garner some attention,
such as setting up a release of six new DVD sets of restored rare classic comedies in the best available prints.......

AND YOU'VE ONLY GOT FIVE SETS HERE!!!

Honestly....this is very exciting. It's great that you are back in business and now I've got to go crack open my piggy bank.

Joe Migliore
Cugine

Postby Joe Migliore » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:28 pm

Paul, you are a dynamo! The Keaton set alone will prove to be an important historical document, I'm sure, as well as an entertaining one, of course. Looking at the other irons you've got in the fire, I'm betting they will all share that honour. Speaking for myself, and presumably other members of this forum, I look forward to purchasing every one of the titles you've listed, as they become available. (I hope there will be commentaries from the usual suspects, as I really do enjoy those as well.)

Thank you for your continuing efforts to get these gems into the hands of an ardent fanbase, and hopefully, some new fans as well. (That's our job.)

Joe Migliore

Chris Seguin

Postby Chris Seguin » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:35 am

And blu-ray too.... god bless ya, Mr. G! :)