Hey Paul G.

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
R. Joseph Physician
Cugine

Hey Paul G.

Postby R. Joseph Physician » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:11 pm

Paul have you ever given a blow by blow account of your experience at the DAMFINOS convention this past October?
As someone that went I just want to say what a great freaking time I had.
Thank you for your part and if it wouldn't be asking too much, could you relate your feelings about the experience?? I pretty much was tanked the whole time and can't remember squat.
If You Do Not See The Name R. Joseph Physician At The Bottom Of The Above Post It Was Not Posted By R. Joseph Physician. Beware Of Imitators.

Paul E. Gierucki
Godfather

Re: Hey Paul G.

Postby Paul E. Gierucki » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:38 pm

Hey Doc,

Glad that you could join us!

I had always intended to pen something about the Great Muskegon Adventure but never quite got around to it. I currently have several major commitments, not including the daily maintenance of this board, and do not see my schedule changing anytime in the near future. That said, perhaps we could prevail upon Mr. Pearson, Sara, or some of the other Damfinos to share their memories...

For my part, I had a great time hosting the auction -- the dapper and sublime David MacLeod took ill and I stepped into the auctioneer role -- and would not hesitate to do it again. Great fun, that. The banquet, screening 35mm prints at The Frauenthal (a restored 1920's movie palace) and the after party are always wonderful too. Patricia, David, Babs, Eryn and the rest of the Damfinos organization always prepare a highly polished and thoroughly enjoyable event.

The best part of the gathering, however, usually happens after the planned events have ended. Everyone congregates in the lobby, sitting by the fireplace through ungodly hours of the morning, catching up with old friends and making new. Much like this forum, it is a great opportunity for everyone to discuss all things comedy in an incredibly relaxed atmosphere. The occasional libation certainly does not hurt either.

Yours for Keaton and a nice single malt ~
PG

Sara Ackerman
Cugine

Re: Hey Paul G.

Postby Sara Ackerman » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:51 pm

Paul E. Gierucki wrote:
For my part, I had a great time hosting the auction -- the dapper and sublime David MacLeod took ill and I stepped into the auctioneer role -- and would not hesitate to do it again. Great fun, that. The banquet, screening 35mm prints at The Frauenthal (a restored 1920's movie palace) and the after party are always wonderful too. Patricia, David, Babs, Eryn and the rest of the Damfinos organization always prepare a highly polished and thoroughly enjoyable event.

You were great as the auctioneer. I couldn't believe how much energy you gained as you auctioned every single Buster item. I think the rest of us Damfinos gained your energy and were on quite a high for a while. ;)

The best part of the gathering, however, usually happens after the planned events have ended. Everyone congregates in the lobby, sitting by the fireplace through ungodly hours of the morning, catching up with old friends and making new. Much like this forum, it is a great opportunity for everyone to discuss all things comedy in an incredibly relaxed atmosphere. The occasional libation certainly does not hurt either.

You are most certainly correct. My favorite moments and memories are always the ones where everyone gathered in the gab lobby in the Shoreline Inn and just talked about anything and everything until the wee hours of the morning--always a Convention ritual. I can just feel the heat from the fireplace, and can picture you sitting on your "throne" while I sit on the footrest, and everyone else sitting on the extremely "comfortable" chairs in the lobby.

Yours for Keaton and a nice single malt ~
PG

What flavor of malt? Chocolate? Strawberry? :D I'll take a Chocolate malt. :)
Sara