RMR's Classic Images article on Larry Semon...

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Jeffrey Nelson
Associate

RMR's Classic Images article on Larry Semon...

Postby Jeffrey Nelson » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:46 am

...what happened to it? It appears to have vanished from the Classic Images website, and I lost the copy I had saved in a hard drive crash years ago. I'd love to read it again. Mr. Roberts, is it currently posted online anywhere else?

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: RMR's Classic Images article on Larry Semon...

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:56 am

Jeffrey Nelson wrote:...what happened to it? It appears to have vanished from the Classic Images website, and I lost the copy I had saved in a hard drive crash years ago. I'd love to read it again. Mr. Roberts, is it currently posted online anywhere else?

No.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Postby Gary Johnson » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Could you be a little more succinct about that Richard?

But I recall reading that article some years back and I learned more from it than anything else out there so I can understand Jeffrey's query.

Jeffrey Nelson
Associate

Postby Jeffrey Nelson » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure I quite caught what he was getting at amongst all those superflous wordy flourishes.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:39 pm

Jeffrey Nelson wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure I quite caught what he was getting at amongst all those superflous wordy flourishes.

What more do you need Nelson? No is the answer to your usual instant gratification need. Was it not enough that CLASSIC IMAGES had it up on their website for over a decade (without my permission I might add)? You had plenty of chances to get a peep at it.

Now you're just going to have to wait for the newly revised version that will appear in Volume Two of my Magnum Trilogy, and that will be a few years away.

RICHARD M ROBERTS