SMILEAGE GUARANTEED HAL ROACH BOOK ON SALE NOW!

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

SMILEAGE GUARANTEED HAL ROACH BOOK ON SALE NOW!

Postby Richard M Roberts » Thu May 23, 2013 12:01 pm

Yep Gang, my new book : SMILEAGE GUARANTEED: PAST HUMOR PRESENT LAUGHTER, THE COMEDY FILM INDUSTRY 1910-1945, VOLUME ONE: HAL ROACH is now available from Grapevine Video.:

http://www.grapevinevideo.com/past-humo ... ter-1.html

and you can order it now!

It will be on Amazon soon! I'll post the link when it goes up.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Louie Despres
Associate

Re: SMILEAGE GUARANTEED HAL ROACH BOOK ON SALE NOW!

Postby Louie Despres » Thu May 23, 2013 2:14 pm

I got a friend picking one up for me at Cinevent this weekend, can't wait to read it. First the Dorothy Lee book, then the Steve Massa book, then this one, gonna be a great summer of reading!

Ed Watz
Associate

Postby Ed Watz » Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Excellent news! Thanks Richard -- and congratulations! I'll be ordering through Amazon as soon as the link is up.
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

Richard Warner

Postby Richard Warner » Fri May 24, 2013 3:29 am

Can't wait. Just ordered from Jack, who always ships to the UK very quickly. Why haven't Volumes 2 & 3 been published yet? Stop slacking, Roberts!

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri May 24, 2013 3:53 am

Richard Warner wrote:Can't wait. Just ordered from Jack, who always ships to the UK very quickly. Why haven't Volumes 2 & 3 been published yet? Stop slacking, Roberts!

Jeez Louise Mr. Warner, the inks barely dry on Volume One, and I'm getting grief about Volume Two! Better hope it ain't another fifteen years till Volume Two comes out, and you may all just be lucky it won't be (little do ye all know that it was almost another year's wait on Volume One until yours truly made some rapid and recent decisions regarding publishing). Of course, the number of copies of Volume One sold might make some work harder and faster to get Volume Two out (hint, hint).

BTW, I am sitting here in Columbus with several boxes of the finished product that I plan to be selling later today, and getting the first real look at a non-proof edition, I have to say I'm very pleased with how it looks. A lot of work was done by the printing company to get the photos right, and I think all but the biggest of whiners (and we all know you can never please them) will be happy with the results as well. We shall see what we shall see.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Louie Despres
Associate

Postby Louie Despres » Fri May 24, 2013 8:16 am

Well, congrats again! Have fun in Columbus. I am really missing it this year, probably because they're running "House of Fear".

Jim Reid
Cugine

Postby Jim Reid » Fri May 24, 2013 11:38 am

Ordered mine yesterday!

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:48 pm

Yep Gang, I will be selling copies of the book at the MOSTLY LOST Symposium at the Packard Campus in Culpeper this coming weekend.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Jim Reid
Cugine

Postby Jim Reid » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:37 am

Talk about an embassassment of riches!
I got Steve Massa's book last week, and yesterday Richard's Hal Roach book and Steve Rydzewski's Ben Turpin book both arrived.
I wish I could take a week off from work and just read!

Richard Warner

Postby Richard Warner » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:45 am

Same problem here, Jim. The trouble is, which to read first? I think I'll put the names in a hat...
Richard