"Too Much Johnson"

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Mike Paradise

"Too Much Johnson"

Postby Mike Paradise » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:28 pm

At first, I thought RMR had written an article about Gary Johnson, but I think it has more to do with Orson Welles. Check it out.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/11/movie ... wanted=all

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Re: "Too Much Johnson"

Postby Gary Johnson » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:07 pm

After that momentous opus (you can never have Too Much Johnson) Welles followed it up with the little seen "Paradise Lost".

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:22 pm

Gary Johnson wrote:After that momentous opus (you can never have Too Much Johnson) Welles followed it up with the little seen "Paradise Lost".

Well, Milton Berle felt you could never have "Too Much Johnson", at least, if the rumors were true.........

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Robert Moulton
Cugine

Postby Robert Moulton » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:38 pm

An episode of Mad About You makes a reference to the legend of Milton 'Just take enough out to Win' Berle:

Paul finds out his Aunt dated Milton Berle and he hesitantly/sheepishly starts to ask her a question about him, she cuts him off and says 'It's true.'. It was the episode with Carl Reiner (which was why I watched it).

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:21 pm

Milton Berle endowment jokes aside, here's an Eastman House piece on the TOO MUCH JOHNSON restoration:

RICHARD M ROBERTS