Mack Sennett's Fun Factory news

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Brent Walker
Capo

Mack Sennett's Fun Factory news

Postby Brent Walker » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:50 pm

I just discovered that my Mack Sennett book is now on the McFarland website, with an availability date of Fall/Winter 2009, and a cover design which I am very pleasantly surprised to see, and very pleased with!

http://www.mcfarlandpub.com/book-2.php? ... 864-3610-1

They've been extremely enthusiastic about it, and told me they were working quickly to get it in the catalog--but I didn't realize it would be this quick. They aren't cutting any content, and want to use all of the 300-400 photos I sent (I was thinking they might use 150-200) so I'm not surprised on the price because its going to be a fat tome (or "phat" tome, for those speaking hip hop parlance).

Anyway, after all these years of people asking "when's you're booking coming out", I can finally give them an answer other than the longtime standard, "I'm still working on it."

Rob Farr
Godfather

Re: Mack Sennett's Fun Factory news

Postby Rob Farr » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:52 am

This is great Brent. It's a bargain at twice the price. Less than the cost of a Blackhawk two-reeler.
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx

Chris Seguin

Postby Chris Seguin » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Really great news Brent, can't wait to see it. And definitely worth the price.
Chrsis

Rob King
Associate

Postby Rob King » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Wow. A great cover … and 300-400 photos! That’s simply extraordinary. It looks like McFarland is really giving this the “chef d’oeuvre” treatment it deserves. Good stuff, Brent.

Steve Massa
Capo

Postby Steve Massa » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:00 pm

Congrats Brent - it looks fantastic! Time to sell my Kalton C. Lahue volumes and use the proceeds towards yours!

Steve