C.K. Comedies question

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Phil Posner

Re: C.K. Comedies question

Postby Phil Posner » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:26 pm

Gary Johnson wrote:I have absolutely nothing to add to everyone's detective work here but is that Peggy Pearce (or any of her various monickers) as the gal Chester Conklin flirts with at the opening of BETWEEN SHOWERS (14)?

No, it's not Pearce. David Robinson (from Mitry) credits Sadie Lampe as Conklin's girlfriend in Between Showers, Although I can't confirm this, if this is correct then a number of roles can be credited to her, most notably the Hat Check Girl in Tango Tangles.
Phil

My Chaplin site - www.philposner.com

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: C.K. Comedies question

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:37 pm

Phil Posner wrote:
Gary Johnson wrote:I have absolutely nothing to add to everyone's detective work here but is that Peggy Pearce (or any of her various monickers) as the gal Chester Conklin flirts with at the opening of BETWEEN SHOWERS (14)?

No, it's not Pearce. David Robinson (from Mitry) credits Sadie Lampe as Conklin's girlfriend in Between Showers, Although I can't confirm this, if this is correct then a number of roles can be credited to her, most notably the Hat Check Girl in Tango Tangles.

Pg 291, Brent Walkers Mack Sennett Book:

" There is no known evidence to verify that anyone who appears in the film (BETWEEN SHOWERS) is named Sadie Lampe, as previous secondary sources had speculated".

Jean Mitry was literally going senile when he rattled off hundreds of cast credits to Einar Lauritzen and Gunnar Lindquist, who printed them in their AMERICAN FILM INDEX reference books. Especially as far as Keystone Credits are concerned, nothing in those two volumes are to be trusted without major verification from primary sources.

In fact, there does not seem to be any evidence that a film actress named Sadie Lampe ever existed at all.

RICHARD M ROBERTS