Kinescopes/early TV

This forum is nearly identical to the previous forum. The difference? Discussions about comedy from the SOUND era.
Louie Despres
Associate

Kinescopes/early TV

Postby Louie Despres » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:15 pm

A reference on Facebook to the "Industrial Strength Keaton" DVD set had me going back and watching it again this weekend. One section has some early Buster Keaton television appearances including a turn on the Ed Wynn show doing the molasses routine from "The Butcher Boy". I was wondering if other episodes from the Ed Wynn show exist and where might they be held?

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: Kinescopes/early TV

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:10 pm

Louie Despres wrote:A reference on Facebook to the "Industrial Strength Keaton" DVD set had me going back and watching it again this weekend. One section has some early Buster Keaton television appearances including a turn on the Ed Wynn show doing the molasses routine from "The Butcher Boy". I was wondering if other episodes from the Ed Wynn show exist and where might they be held?

Oddly enough, Alpha Video has several volumes of THE ED WYNN SHOW available, including the complete Keaton episode.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Louie Despres
Associate

Postby Louie Despres » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:03 pm

GREAT! I'll check 'em out! Thanks Richard!

Uli Ruedel
Capo

Postby Uli Ruedel » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:30 pm

There are several shows (including the ones with Keaton and the Three Stooges), and an outtake reel, on the Internet Archive.

Uli