BLONDIE series.

This forum is nearly identical to the previous forum. The difference? Discussions about comedy from the SOUND era.
Mike O'Regan

BLONDIE series.

Postby Mike O'Regan » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:05 pm

Is this the best available on the series? I've never heard of Echo Bridge.

http://www.amazon.com/Blondie-Vols-1-Pe ... +singleton

Maurice Terenzio
Associate

Re: BLONDIE series.

Postby Maurice Terenzio » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:30 pm

The Platinum Disc Corporation was founded in 1995, however, since 2005, they have been doing business as Echo Bridge Home Entertainment. I own a number of Platinum Disc's as well as Echo Bridge product and, on the whole, I am quite pleased with them. I purchased this DVD collection in 2003 when it was released by the Platinum Disc. I would assume that the Echo Bridge Home Entertainment release would look fairly much the same. It is a two DVD collection containing the first ten Blondie films, with five films on each disc. The movies are from the King Features prints that were released to television in the 1960's with the remade opening titles, Blondie theme song and pre-credit previews. There is a Platinum Disc Corporation watermark that shows up from time to time on each of these movies. I'd rather it not be there, but I don't find it overly intrusive. I really hate to touch upon the quality of the transfers, as quality is usually such a subjective thing, and I am probably an "easier grader" than most people. However, I'll risk it and go on record as saying that I think the quality is nice. I have no complaints with this DVD, and with a $7.49 price tag, I have no complaint with that either.

Mike O'Regan

Postby Mike O'Regan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:51 pm

Thanks. I'll give 'em a whirl.

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Postby Gary Johnson » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 pm

Now you'll know what syndicated TV was like in the U.S. during the 1970's since these are the exact TV prints we all grew up on. They played in all the major markets - along with the Bowery Boys, The Kettles, Francis....

I read that AMC once aired the BLONDIE series with their original Columbia titles. So they do exist?

Mike O'Regan

Postby Mike O'Regan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:30 pm

All of these ran on RTE (Irish television) back in the late 80's too.