Mafiosi Merry Christmas Movies

This forum is nearly identical to the previous forum. The difference? Discussions about comedy from the SOUND era.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Mafiosi Merry Christmas Movies

Postby Richard M Roberts » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:08 pm

Okay kids, if chain-smoking chimps aren't enough to make your MIcklemas merry, here's a few more Holiday goodies to stuff your stockings with:

A VISIT TO SANTA (1963):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7E8WP8OiAo

Hey, who knew Santa Claus had an East-Jersey accent, and the narrator later did the Mr. Bill films, but so-what, that Pittsburgh Mall set-up would have looked like fun to my five-year old self and was nostalgic looking to me today.

SANTA CLAUS PUNCH AND JUDY (1948):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNU5lvrIeGY

It's worth it to read the PC whines in the comments, but the truth is that this is actually about the best Punch and Judy show I've ever seen. The puppeteer actually has some comedy timing and there are some decent gag set-ups in the routine, and the dialogue is almost understandable. Once again, the Brits prove that they are the best at traumatizing their own children with general twistedness.

COCKROACH CHRISTMAS (The Insects' Christmas (1913) - Wladyslaw Starewicz)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKLge4WkUs0

St Nick visits the bughouse, but I'm glad Starewicz got better budgets later on so he didn't have to animate Roaches.

If these shorts don't put you in the mood to snuggle up under the mistletoe, hopefully with someone else, I don't know what will.

Have a Happy, won't you?

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Mike O'Regan

Re: Mafiosi Merry Christmas Movies

Postby Mike O'Regan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:34 pm

How we all made it through those times without becoming racist, violent and disturbed, I'll never know!!

Pasquale Ventura

Postby Pasquale Ventura » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:28 pm

Kids enjoy harmless slapstick. I still do.

Pasquale Ventura

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:00 pm

Mike O'Regan wrote:How we all made it through those times without becoming racist, violent and disturbed, I'll never know!!

Perhaps it is healthier to show the silliness of violence, rather than the glorification of it.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Mike O'Regan

Postby Mike O'Regan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Ah, I'm OK with the glorification of violence! However, it's certainly healthier to show the silliness of those PC Brigade comments.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:22 pm

Mike O'Regan wrote:Ah, I'm OK with the glorification of violence!

"Your Honor, I rest my case!"

RICHARD M ROBERTS