The Great Pie Mystery

This forum is nearly identical to the previous forum. The difference? Discussions about comedy from the SOUND era.
Gary Johnson
Cugine

The Great Pie Mystery

Postby Gary Johnson » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:49 pm

Over on FB Mr. Gierucki has been announcing titles to be included on The Mack Sennett collection vol. 2, including the sound short THE GREAT PIE MYSTERY - in which our own Mr. Roberts is supplying the print.
I have never seen this short in it's entirety.....only in clips. But not for long. CineMuseum is looking for a release date by the holidays.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: The Great Pie Mystery

Postby Richard M Roberts » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Gary Johnson wrote:Over on FB Mr. Gierucki has been announcing titles to be included on The Mack Sennett collection vol. 2, including the sound short THE GREAT PIE MYSTERY - in which our own Mr. Roberts is supplying the print.
I have never seen this short in it's entirety.....only in clips. But not for long. CineMuseum is looking for a release date by the holidays.

Jeez, I just told Paul about that a couple of days ago.

THE GREAT PIE MYSTERY is one of the strangest and silliest Sennett talkies, and a real hoot. Harry Myers is delightful as the Detective (I wish he had made more Sennett talkies) and Harry Gribbon is also his usual funny self. I was happy to acquire an really nice print-down of this title a few years ago, so it can be a new addition to Volume Two.

BTW folks, it's safe to post on silent comedy mafia again.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Postby Gary Johnson » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:33 am

What can I say, the man likes to advertise. Which I suppose should be a good thing for you Mafia members....
And I don't know about anyone else but I'm still trying to get use to this new site format.

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:01 pm

Gary Johnson wrote:And I don't know about anyone else but I'm still trying to get use to this new site format.

Get over it. Like life is so difficult because "view active topics" got moved several inches upward and to the right(Oh, my wrist! I don't have the strength to move it at a 90 degree angle!).

Blame the ratbastard Canadian pharmaceuticals hijackers, poor Gierucki spent more than a week having to reconfigure the board and get the hack cleansed. And hey, the type is a little larger for us old geezers to read.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Postby Gary Johnson » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:10 am

I can't get over it. I've tried. I've seeked help. but it's no use. It's eating me up. I can't eat. I can't sleep. I can't tie my shoelaces because my shoes are velcro. I can't get over that Rachel actually liked Ross. What a dweeb. I can't get over the hump. I can't get over the rainbow. I can't get over there........over here.........over and out.

What were you griping about?